Puerto Rico Tightens Its Entry Requirements
Puerto Rico—one of the crucial in style locations for U.S vacationers—has tightened its entry necessities following the Omicron outbreak. Until now, Puerto Rico hadn’t modified its entry necessities since Omicron emerged.
The new restrictions will begin simply after Christmas day.
The New Restrictions In Full
Starting December 27, all passengers arriving in Puerto Rico through home flights should present a destructive COVID-19 take a look at taken 48 hours previous to departure no matter their vaccination standing. Otherwise, vacationers should take a take a look at on arrival and be topic to fines.
Unvaccinated vacationers should quarantine for 7 days on arrival no matter whether or not they present a optimistic or destructive COVID-19 take a look at. Puerto Rico requires all vaccinated vacationers to add an official vaccination card via the Travel Declaration Form portal.
Also, Puerto Rico would require all institutions serving food and drinks—reminiscent of eating places and bars—to indicate proof of vaccination or a destructive COVID-19 take a look at taken 48 hours previous to arrival beginning December 27.
Puerto Rico officers additionally that these between the ages of 5 and 11 years outdated can attend massive out of doors occasions by offering destructive COVID-19 exams taken 48 hours previous to arrival all through January.
However, beginning February 1, 2022, these between 5 and 11 years outdated will probably be topic to the similar pointers as adults. Therefore, they are going to want proof of vaccination or proof of a destructive take a look at taken 48 hours previous to arrival to enter massive out of doors occasions.
Travelers Arriving On International Flights
The guidelines for vacationers arriving on worldwide flights are barely completely different. From December 6, all vacationers arriving on worldwide flights should present proof of a destructive COVID-19 take a look at taken in the future previous to departure together with proof of vaccination.
Non-U.S. residents and long-term residents might want to present proof of being totally vaccinated in opposition to COVID-19 earlier than touring by air to the United States from a international nation.
The New Restrictions Within The Island: What You Should Know
- Puerto Rico requires all vacationers—no matter their vaccination standing—to put on masks in indoor locations. Unvaccinated folks between 2 and 11 should put on masks in public areas, together with out of doors areas, when social distancing isn’t doable.
- Ferries working to and from Culebra and Vieques require passengers to put on masks at some stage in the journey
- All public seashores stay open regardless of the rise in restrictions; nonetheless, vacationers ought to observe social distancing pointers on all seashores.
- From December 27, all institutions serving food and drinks would require residents and vacationers to supply proof of vaccination or a destructive COVID-19 take a look at 48 hours previous to arrival
Businesses And Other Establishments
- Most companies in Puerto Rico require all vacationers to put on masks no matter vaccination standing
- Some companies would require proof of a destructive COVID-19 take a look at or proof of vaccination upon arrival, relying on the enterprise
- From December 22, everybody attending mass occasions in Puerto Rico should present proof of vaccination and a destructive COVID-19 take a look at taken 48 hours previous to arrival. This contains mass occasions happening at theaters, coliseums, stadiums, conference facilities, and amphitheaters.
The Current COVID-19 Situation In Puerto Rico
Cases have skyrocketed in Puerto Rico due to the Omicron variant. The present 7-day case common is 5,712; that’s greater than double the 7-day case common of any time through the pandemic.
Puerto Rico has a excessive vaccination price with 5.84 million vaccine doses given and 76.6% of the inhabitants totally vaccinated.
↓ Join the group ↓
The Travel Off Path Community FB group has all the most recent reopening information, conversations, and Q&A’s taking place every day!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LATEST POSTS
Enter your electronic mail handle to subscribe to Travel Off Path’s newest breaking journey information, straight to your inbox
Disclaimer: Current journey guidelines and restrictions can change with out discover. The choice to journey is in the end your accountability. Contact your consulate and/or native authorities to substantiate your nationality’s entry and/or any adjustments to journey necessities earlier than touring. Travel Off Path doesn’t endorse touring in opposition to authorities advisories